We can undoubtedly say that plugins are essential things for any wordpress website. Because without installing any plugins, your website looks like a static HTML page. That’s why I curated the 10 best WordPress Plugins for 2020.
Plugins and themes are the main difference between wordpress and other content management platforms. There are thousands of plugins available on wordpress repository, as I’m typing wordpress having 55,661 plugins.
Every website doesn’t need a bunch of plugins; instead, you can run your wordpress site excellently with a selective amount of plugins. Here I list out those best wordpress plugins for the year 2020 based on their features.
1. Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan
Securing websites should be the first most priority for any website owner because without having access to your website, you have nothing to do. Total attacks blocked by WordFence secuirty in the last 30 days are 3,982,857,948. This number shows the vulnerability of many sites.
You can prevent these attacks with WordFence security plugin. It provides full security to your website by using different methods like Two-factor authentication(2FA), adding login page CAPTCHA to stop bots, disabling, or add 2FA to XML-RPC file.
It provides access to the following tools when you install it on your website.
- Protect from brute force attacks by limiting login attempts to a minimum number.
- Real-time IP Blacklist to block malicious IPs.
- Integrated malware scanner to scan for malicious code in plugins, themes.
- Live traffic and tracking of hack attempts in real-time, including ip address and the timestamp on your site.
- Block attackers by individual IP or a range of IPs by setting IP range, Hostname, and Referrer.
2. Contact Form 7
Any website growth depends upon customer satisfaction, whether you’re providing services or to get suggestions to improve your website, and you need a medium to communicate with users. Contact Form 7 will do that thing excellently.
With Contact Form 7, you can create and manage multiple contact forms along with customizing forms. This plugin also supports Akismet spam filtering, CAPTCHA submission to prevent spam messages.
This plugin is entirely free to use on your website, which is already used by 5 million users worldwide with a 5-star rating.
3. Yoast SEO
With the competition from other websites, writing content isn’t enough anymore. You need to optimize the content of your website without spoiling the central theme of the material. For that, you need a powerful SEO plugin like Yoast SEO.
After installing this plugin, just follow the predefined configuration wizard of settings, and you’re ready to go. It provides numerous features that boost up your website rankings on google.
This plugin is one of the best wordpress plugins of 2020.
- Add Focus Keyphrase to optimize your content around that keyword.
- Dedicated webmaster tools tab to verify websites in all popular search engines with a single click.
- Yoast SEO provides the most promising features like cornerstone content, SEO analysis, readability analysis, XML sitemaps to automatic sitemaps for your website.
- Instant suggestions on how to optimize content for users and at the same for search engines also.
Yoast SEO provides most of the basic features for free. If you want advanced features like superfast internal linking suggestions, social media preview, multiple keyphrases, upgrade to the premium version.
4. UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin
Taking regular backups of the website will be the utmost priority of any website administrator.
Website backup will come handy in most situations like migrating sites from one hosting provider to another, recovering from malicious attacks.
UpdraftPlus is the best plugin to do this job seamlessly with scheduled backups. Most of the hosting companies provide the backup facility to some extent only, after that, you’ve to pay the price.
Ofcourse updraftplus is not entirely a free tool but provides most of the features for free. Some of them are.
- Set automatic backup schedules
- Complete the backup process faster using fewer server resources.
- Backs up content to more cloud storage sites like google drive, dropbox, Amazon S3 for free.
- Backup and restore operations can be done in a single click.
5. EWWW Image Optimizer
Pagespeed is one of the ranking factors that search engines look to rank your website. Apart from that, users don’t visit a website that loads slower than usual.
Images are the best way to improve the user experience of your website. But you’ve to optimize them for getting faster page loading.
There are many plugins available in wordpress to do this, but most of them have limitations like image size, number images. EWWW Image Optimizer is not one of them. It has several features like
- No speed limits and unlimited file size
- Lossy compression technique to gain maximum compression without losing the quality of the image.
- Convert image to the most suitable format with automatic options.
- Optimize every image in your site beyond the wordpress media library.
- With Easy IO, images automatically compressed to the best size, lazy-loaded, and converted to the next-gen WebP format supported by Google.
- Bulk Scanner allows you to optimize all images with a single click.
6. Sassy Social Share
Depending on a single traffic source that will hamper your site growth in the long run, you have to diversify traffic sources to social media, organic traffic, referral traffic, etc.
You can achieve a decent amount of social traffic if you have shareable content on your website, but without having social media share buttons, you can’t do that.
Sassy Social Share plugin will come handy in these situations. It provides the following features.
- Share your content over 100 more social sharing services along with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Whatsapp, Pinterest.
- Light coded plugin, which doesn’t slow down your website.
- Share counts available to encourage visitors.
- Free Icon customization Options.
7. Akismet Anti-Spam
Comments are a great way to communicate with visitors to your website. They will be useful to improve your website in many aspects, including site structure, content, accessibility. With the increasing spam comments, most of the website administrators don’t enable comments section.
You can enable comments without being afraid of spammy comments with the help of the Akismet Anti-Spam plugin. It allows you to
- Automatically Checks all comments and blocks the comments which look like spam.
- Based on the previous comment history, you can decide to block or unblock comments.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to unhide the hidden and misleading links.
To use this plugin, you need to activate the API key, which will be provided by Akismet based on your site’s purpose.
If you have a personal blog, you can get it for free. Otherwise, you have to take a subscription.
8. WP Super Cache
We already know that page speed is a ranking factor for search engines. To achieve that speed, you need to optimize the website in every possible way. WP Super Cache does the same thing for you.
WP Super Cache is a plugin that generated static HTML files from your dynamic wordpress site. The static HTML files served to the majority of users.
There are so many caching plugins available, but this one makes your site speed without breaking internal files by simply providing recommended settings.
9. Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights
Knowing about your customers is the crucial thing for any business, Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for wordpress by MonsterInsights will do that for you in a simplified manner.
This plugin collects data from your Google Analytics account with your permission and shows that in report wise like Audience Report, Content Report, and Search Console Report, etc.
If you want to get real-time traffic without leaving your website, then MonsterInsights is the right choice.
10. Advanced Database Cleaner
Last but not least, the Advanced Database Cleaner plugin is a must-have for any wordpress website. If you’re on shared hosting, then this plugin will be more useful to clear junk and unnecessary files in the database.
You should remove unnecessary data to reduce your database size, which will improve website speed and reduce the size of the database. It can do the following operations without effecting other essential files.
- Delete old revisions of posts and pages, orphan post metadata, orphan user metadata
- Schedule database clean up to run automatically
- Optimize database tables
As I before said, there are thousands of plugins available on the wordpress repository. You need to select which one is suitable for your website. Here we curate the list with ten best wordpress plugins of 2020 for any wordpress website.
Did I miss any important plugin that must be included in this list? Comment below your suggestions, or you can contact me through the contact form.